The world has changed, but people are people. The United States of America no longer exists. Neither does Canada. In their place are a number of other nations that have emerged from the ruins.
The six most powerful nations are:
- The West Coast States – a collection of city states located on the west coast.
- the Sonoran States – an area encompassing the Baja peninsula; Sonora, Mexico; Chihuahua, Mexico; the southern tip of Nevada; Arizona; New Mexico; and western Texas
- Mormon – a theocracy covering Utah, Nevada, southern Idaho, and the south eastern corner of Oregon
- the Mountain Tribes – a collection of tribal Nations existing mostly within the Rocky Mountains
- Lakota – a tribal Nation claiming the southern parts of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, all of Wyoming and the Dakotas, and a good chunk of Nebraska
- Pennsylvania – a small but growing power on the east coast, including the southeastern corner of the old state of Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and eastern Virginia
There is also a growing power in the gulf, an as-yet-unnamed power centered somewhere in Louisiana. A power whose tentative appearance in the trade routes comes with whispered rumors of a guild of assassins.
This work by Jean Headley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.